After your gorgeous ceremony, welcome guests to your reception with a drinks reception to get the party started! Make it unique and offer some fun signature drinks! Have some fun and offer your guests’ His, Hers and Ours Cocktails – offer a personalised rum punch (you are in the Caribbean after all!) and perhaps a champagne cocktail or a classic G&T with a twist! Add a fruity ice pop to your drinks as a way for guests to keep cool in the sunshine! Be as creative as you like and most of all enjoy sampling the drinks while you choose your favourites!
HIS This sweet peach whiskey is the perfect drink for your reception! Enjoy this sweet take on the old classic which is bound to impress guests and the sweet peach flavour will be a welcome pick me up in the heat!
Sweet Peach Whiskey Smash
- 2 oz whiskey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 3 slices of peach
- A splash of Soda Water (Seltzer Water)
- Method: Fill glass with crushed ice. Combine whiskey, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Shake and strain into glass. Top with a splash of seltzer water and garnish with peach slices.
HERS This Rose Royal Cocktail is so cute and feminine, add the edible flowers and this is the perfect way to welcome guests to your reception – the perfect drink to toast married life with your nearest and dearest!
Rosé Royal Recipe
- 1.5 oz Lillet rosé
- .5 oz fresh grapefruit juice
- .5 oz sugar syrup
- 1 egg white
- 3 oz good champagne
OURS This is a rum punch with a twist – add edible flowers, a slice of lime and orange zest for garnish. I mean, seriously isn’t the orchid so gorgeous on top!!
The poem for rum punch goes: One of sour, two of sweet, three of strong and four of weak, a dash of bitters and a sprinkle of spice, serve chilled with ice.
Pineapple Mango Rum Punch (servings 1 cocktail)
- 3 oz of pineapple coconut juice
- 3 oz of coconut rum (you can also use light or dark rum here instead)
- 1 oz of mango juice
- 1 oz of orange juice
- splash of grenadine (mainly just for the look)
- lime slices and/or orange zest for garnish
- edible flowers for garnish